Tuesday 18 November 2014

紅葉

The fall colours are amazing in Tottori! I have been running 5-6 days a week since I first arrived here and that means that over time I have discovered a lot of hidden trails and side streets and places off the beaten path. One of my favorite spots is Ochidani Park. It is a small shrine at the base of Kyuushozan, the mountain that is also touching the base of my school. Ochidani park was first introduced to me by the lovely lady who translates for me at church, and since then has often been my Saturday morning go to spot for a relaxing walk or jog. I decided to go there again this past weekend and was blown away by the 紅葉(autumn leaves). Autumn has always been my favorite season. The weather cools off and I can start wearing sweaters and sipping lattes. Autumn is less rainy here too, so even though the cold is more biting and intense, it is clear and crisp too in a different way here in Tottori.


No comments:

Post a Comment